locked Re: Poll: I think ducking should go; and other NVDA features proposal and wider discussion

Shaun Oliver

which is the point I was making in my original post. Joseph's points are what I would consider bloatware.

unnecessary memory usage, decreased performance, size of the core executable program and I do not, by any means mean the installer, the overall footprint on your pc and operating system. that's what I mean by bloatware. it is all well and good to say that the size of the installer doesn't or won't increase that much, but, you do nto run the installer on a daily basis. if you do, then I'd have to question your operating practises.

On 29/04/2019 04:34, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 02:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
I think we may need to consider other forms of bloat, namely performance, memory usage, conflicts and what not.
Distilled to a bumper sticker:  Software design and engineering is hard!   (and quite a few bits regarding how and why are not obvious to those who haven't done it)

           ~ Edward Abbey