locked Re: Poll: I think ducking should go; and other NVDA features proposal and wider discussion

Devin Prater

I think the sentiment in regarding the installed application of JAWS, FS Reader, the training materials, the drivers, OCR, and any Vocalizer voices added on.

On Apr 28, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Lenron <lenron93@...> wrote:

I was about to say even the installer for Jaws is only a couple
hundred mb. I have my own reasons for not liking it so much these
days. Part of that is the stupid video driver thing doesn't seem to
like my pc so much.

On 4/28/19, Shaun Oliver <blindman75@...> wrote:
which is the point I was making in my original post. Joseph's points are
what I would consider bloatware.

unnecessary memory usage, decreased performance, size of the core
executable program and I do not, by any means mean the installer, the
overall footprint on your pc and operating system. that's what I mean by
bloatware. it is all well and good to say that the size of the installer
doesn't or won't increase that much, but, you do nto run the installer
on a daily basis. if you do, then I'd have to question your operating
practises.

On 29/04/2019 04:34, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 02:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

I think we may need to consider other forms of bloat, namely
performance, memory usage, conflicts and what not.

Distilled to a bumper sticker: Software design and engineering is
hard! (and quite a few bits regarding how and why are not obvious to
those who haven't done it)

*/Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell./*

~ Edward Abbey

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832