Re: scripting question - how to perform key presses

Igor Kaplan

Hi Joseph,

  Thanks a lot for your reply.

  For now I am not doing anything complex. I have the surface pro device and I would like to create several simple addons. For example I would like to create the addon for foobar 2000, which will play and stop (pressing the f5 key) when 2 fingers are doubletapped. So wen I doubletap with 2 fingers, NVDA will press the f6 key.

  I am a long time python programmer, however still have not done much with NVDA scripting. Lately I am more and more appreciate the power of NVDA, there are more and more applications with which NVDA works better then any other screen readers, so I would like to start scripting it a little bit, to add even more power! J

  Joseph, you mentioned, that the keyboardHandler is used in SPL Studio addons, where I can find those addons. I have checked the NVDA addons page and did not find anything.

  May be someone could please point me to those addon.

  Many thanks and all the best!

   -Igor.