Re: scripting question - how to perform key presses

Igor Kaplan

Hi Joseph,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

For now I am not doing anything complex. I have the surface pro device and I would like to create several simple addons. For example I would like to create the addon for foobar 2000, which will play and stop (pressing the f5 key) when 2 fingers are doubletapped. So wen I doubletap with 2 fingers, NVDA will press the f6 key.

I am a long time python programmer, however still have not done much with NVDA scripting. Lately I am more and more appreciate the power of NVDA, there are more and more applications with which NVDA works better then any other screen readers, so I would like to start scripting it a little bit, to add even more power! J

Joseph, you mentioned, that the keyboardHandler is used in SPL Studio addons, where I can find those addons. I have checked the NVDA addons page and did not find anything.

May be someone could please point me to those addon.

Many thanks and all the best!

-Igor.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 2:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] scripting question - how to perform key presses

Hi,

I’ll address both questions here:

In short, you need help from keyboard handler to do this. The big picture is:

1.       Create a script.

2.       Within this script, call keyboardHandler and tell it to create a gesture from name (SPL Studio add-on uses this in encoder support routines).

3.       Pass it on.

For Igor: which add-on are you developing? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Kuzma via Groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] scripting question - how to perform key presses

Hi everyone.

I would like to know how to perform a keypress in a nvda script also.

Thanks so much

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.