locked Re: Poll: I think ducking should go; and other NVDA features proposal and wider discussion

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I would agree with you 100%, but I think that the fact that nvda is freely accessible to everyone somewhat mitigates the drawbacks of a proprietary system.

things have come a long way in the last few years. Now for example, you can use zoom to send the audio from one computer to another remotely for training and tech support purposes. I don't know about iPhone, but at least if you have an Android device, you can remotely access your nvda enabled computer using an Android app that plays on nvda remote.

Gone are the days of Jaws tandem, and window Wise remote.

On April 28, 2019 5:16:09 PM "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss> wrote:

Hmmm before we role remote into nvda, we need to have the list of
servers we can use.

To be honest, remote shouldn't be just for nvda, it should be a stand
alone program that can be used by us and not just in nvda and we should
be able  to have servers we can use and also the ability to create
secured servers ourself similar to teamtalk client and server packages
but thats only what I think of course.

On 29/04/2019 5:42 AM, Lenron wrote:
remote should totally be rolled into NVDA.

On 4/28/19, Devin Prater <r.d.t.prater@...> wrote:
I knew about the page, but I’ve never seen an Outlook add-on, neither there
before nor discussed on list. This is great, and if it helps with the
control+. (Period) in speaking the next message automatically that it lands
on, then Outlook may become my email client of choice on Windows, if using
it because even better than using Gmail.

On Apr 28, 2019, at 9:22 AM, Brian Vogel <@britechguy> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 09:56 AM, Devin Prater wrote:
Wait, there's an addon for Outlook?
When I see things like this my jaw drops? The official NVDA Add-Ons
Page, whose address has been posted hundreds of times, is:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html.
<https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html>

Each add-on is presented, by title, as a link on the page. If you, any
you, who've been an NVDA user and participant on any NVDA related
list/forum for a long time have never bothered to go there and do a
cruise-through of the links to see what's what you have no one to blame
but yourselves.

I'm not about to give the actual link in this case, but the fact that
there is an add-on named Outlook Extended answers that question.

[The above may not apply to Devin if that comment was in jest, but it
certainly applies to any member who's been on this list for at least a
month. Go look, and if you need to activate an add-on title to get a
further description of its function, well . . . ]
~ Edward Abbey