Re: Announcement of “Filed” Status

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm not sure what you mean by filed status though. I guess one annoying thing is that Jaws does a lot of things differently. It will no longer read the read status of emails yet it does read the filed status. I'm confused. These attributes in Microsoft software seem to have been a bugbear for many years changing a bit and throwing off routines put in to find them and read them.
One has to remember here that Jaws is still installing a screenscraper driver whereas NVDA does not.
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:58 PM
Subject: [nvda] Announcement of “Filed” Status

When one reads through the list of email messages in Microsoft Outlook (2013), a number of attributes (probably the correct term is “header fields”) are announced, e.g., “From,” “Received Date,” “Attachment Presence,” and “Size.”
On our firm’s system, we also have a “Filed Status” indication that either reads “Yes” or “No.”
If I manually read the cells, Outlook messages are presented in table format), I find that this status indication is presented in what NVDA calls column 6.
This “Filed” status indication is the second most important feature, for my purposes.
I have moved it up in Outlook, and JAWS reads it fine. I cannot, however, get NVDA to read it automatically as I arrow up and down through the inbox. I think I am missing something.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.