locked Re: NVDA add on's RSS feed.

Laz

I think if you look you'll actually see that whether sighted or blind
a lot of people do not have very good searching/browsing skills and
prefer to just send an email message to a list where they believed
they would receive help. And as long as it's on topic for this list
why give them a harder time about it? Just provide the necessary help
to move them along at their pace closer to optimum skill level. It
doesn't hurt to show some empathy towards the blind who do have it a
bit harder than the sighted.

Laz

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 05:21 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Some people don’t know how to do a proper search for something because
they haven’t been trained properly. I can understand doing a search for
something but if they can’t find the results for something, isn’t that
what a list is all about—helping each other?
Then, Rosemarie, they need to ask how to do so. I am not willing to
believe that people who are on mailing lists and have been for years have
never bothered to learn how to do a web search, and if they haven't, this is
putting them on notice that they need to, now.

Anyone who wants instruction on doing so will gladly be provided it by
myself or any number of others on the group.

I am unwilling to buy into the premise that I should assume that most people
who frequent here are completely incapable of basic internet skills. The
presumption should be that they are capable, and if they're not then they'll
ask for help. It is that simple.

As I said earlier, this isn't rocket science, and it's a skill that any user
of the internet, blind, sighted, or anything in between must have or be
willing to acquire. It very simply goes with the territory.

*Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.*

~ Edward Abbey