Re: Reaching the comments' section on YouTube video

Hareth <hareth4m@...>

I just used NVDA with the "e" command on some live TV you tube channel
with Waterfox browser,
It jumped to the comment editable section as it should be.

On 4/30/19, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
hello,

Other than a reference to the add-ons list, I saw no reference to NVDA in
this thread. This seems like an issue of navigating a particular website,
and not an issue with NVDA, or learning to accomplish a task with NVDA that
NVDA isn't working with or something.

If i want to jump to a comment field, I might press h to get to the
comments heading, and then tab twice to get to the appropriate edit box.
There seems to be an issue where the edit box is not recognized as such by
NVDA, so pressing e won't jump there. had the question been referencing the
edit box not being recognized by NVDA, or had the message referenced NVDA
in pretty much any way, it would have been on topic.

thanks.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 2:37 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Will we be able to transfer those videos into youtube links though? I
often download for off line listening so I don't think this site will
work
well.

Take care

<http://www.tffppodcast.com> This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go here.
<http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium>
and for hosting options go here <http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting>

Our telegram <https://t.me/tffppodcast> channel is also a good place for
an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

<Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 30 Apr 2019, at 11:21, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

I answered a similar request some weeks ago when I recommended a site
designed for blind users which gives an ad free interface to search for
and
play YouTube videos. The link is:

http://www.povidi.com/YourTube/ <http://www.povidi.com/yourtube/>

After opening the site, use the e key to jump to the search edit box,
then
hit the spacebar to move into focus mode (unless you have auto mode
switching set in NVDA). Type in your search criteria, then pres tab to
move to a combo box where you set the number of results per page. Set
this
to 10, 20 or 50, then press tab again. You landin another combo box
where
you can choose between videos, channels or playlists (I only ever use
videos which is the default). Tab again to the search button and press
spacebar to run the search.

The results appear in a numbered list which you can access using the h
key. Press this repeatedly and when you find one you want to play, press
tab to move focus to it and press enter. A dialog box opens for the
chosen
video. Again use the h key to jup to the different sections, which
include
player controls, pla details, video information and video comments. You
can
use the b key to jump to the various player control buttons.

After video has played, use alt+left arrow to return to the results list
dialog at the point where you left it.

Cheers

Chris