Re: Reaching the comments' section on YouTube video

Actually this is marked by a heading, the problem is that you never know when said heading will show up.
One can keep going back and forth even for some minutes and sometimes it's not there at all.

@Nimer, sorry for not referencing NVDA on this topic. My bad, it won't happen again.
Just for clarification, I'm using NVDA when trying to reach this section and well, the other things I've already said. It's absolutely a "hit and miss".

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 30/04/2019 20:12, Sarah k Alawami disse:

Actualy that's the thing. At least for me the comments section is not marked by a heading on youtube.com and sometimes nvda's find dialgoue does not find the commante section so I just don't bother. I'm usign firefox by the way on windows.

For stuff we sell, mac training materials and ??tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 30 Apr 2019, at 14:55, Nimer Jaber wrote:

hello,

Other than a reference to the add-ons list, I saw no reference to NVDA in this thread. This seems like an issue of navigating a particular website, and not an issue with NVDA, or learning to accomplish a task with NVDA that NVDA isn't working with or something.

If i want to jump to a comment field, I might press h to get to the comments heading, and then tab twice to get to the appropriate edit box. There seems to be an issue where the edit box is not recognized as such by NVDA, so pressing e won't jump there. had the question been referencing the edit box not being recognized by NVDA, or had the message referenced NVDA in pretty much any way, it would have been on topic.

thanks.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 2:37 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Will we be able to transfer those videos into youtube links though? I often download for off line listening so I don't think this site will work well.

Take care

For stuff we sell, mac training materials and ??tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 30 Apr 2019, at 11:21, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

I answered a similar request some weeks ago when I recommended a site designed for blind users which gives an ad free interface to search for and play YouTube videos.?? The link is:

??

http://www.povidi.com/YourTube/

??

After opening the site, use the e key to jump to the search edit box, then ??hit the spacebar to move into focus mode (unless you have auto mode switching set in NVDA).?? Type in your search criteria, then pres tab to move to a combo box where you set the number of results per page.?? Set this to 10, 20 or 50, then press tab again.?? You landin another combo box where you can choose between videos, channels or playlists (I only ever use videos which is the default).?? Tab again to the search button and press spacebar to run the search.

??

The results appear in a numbered list which you can access using the h key.?? Press this repeatedly and when you find one you want to play, press tab to move focus to it and press enter.?? A dialog box opens for the chosen video.?? Again use the h key to jup to the different sections, which include player controls, pla details, video information and video comments. You can use the b key to jump to the various player control buttons.

??

After video has played, use alt+left arrow to return to the results list dialog at the point where you left it.

??

Cheers

Chris ??