Re: Reaching the comments' section on YouTube video

Gene NZ,
Using browse mode, pressing F/shift+F (or E/shift+E), all I can get is the search field for searching a video.
No comments section at all.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 30/04/2019 16:56, hurrikennyandopo ... disse:

Hi

Does the E key or F key not get you to that area. I tried it with the browse mode keys and it took me there.

I am wondering when you do get to that field and it says public comment or what ever it said are you changing into focus mode just in case it is not going into the mode correctly. I guess also it depends how you have it set as well.

Gene nz

On 1/05/2019 6:21 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

I answered a similar request some weeks ago when I recommended a site designed for blind users which gives an ad free interface to search for and play YouTube videos.?? The link is:

??

http://www.povidi.com/YourTube/

??

After opening the site, use the e key to jump to the search edit box, then ??hit the spacebar to move into focus mode (unless you have auto mode switching set in NVDA).?? Type in your search criteria, then pres tab to move to a combo box where you set the number of results per page.?? Set this to 10, 20 or 50, then press tab again.?? You landin another combo box where you can choose between videos, channels or playlists (I only ever use videos which is the default).?? Tab again to the search button and press spacebar to run the search.

??

The results appear in a numbered list which you can access using the h key.?? Press this repeatedly and when you find one you want to play, press tab to move focus to it and press enter.?? A dialog box opens for the chosen video.?? Again use the h key to jup to the different sections, which include player controls, pla details, video information and video comments. You can use the b key to jump to the various player control buttons.

??

After video has played, use alt+left arrow to return to the results list dialog at the point where you left it.

??

Cheers

Chris ??