Re: Reaching the comments' section on YouTube video

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

It was the main you tube website.

there are a few different ways to get there.

The find command is most probably the quickest. then you might have to arrow into the edit area.

going to the bottom of the page with ctrl + end then shift key + 2 will land you on that area it seems to hit it every time for me.

 Or usually the F key for form fields will get you there but you might have to do a a few times.

I think it depends what you want to do. In most cases i use the B for buttons to play them and only look around when i need to. Some times the arrow keys may be needed to get into the edit area.

Gene nz

On 2/05/2019 1:15 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Gene,
I believe the other Gene was talking about the "normal" YouTube and so I answered about it :)
Now, that's a good question. I really don't know whether I am right on this. We will have to wait for his confirmation...

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 01/05/2019 07:23, Gene disse:
What are we talking about??? The accessible Youtube site or the main site??? On the accessible site, the various items have text labels above them such as comments.?? I believe the page may list shortcuts for getting to various sections.?? If people haven't read this, its another example of why people should look around on unfamiliar pages and not assume things are of no interest.?? Its the same reason people should look at a complete e-mail message sent on whatever topic a member sends one on, on an e-mail list.?? They will see footers with all sorts of useful links such as unsubscribe, perhaps nomail links, and maybe other useful links and information.??
??
Aside from that, I didn't bother learning the shortcuts.?? I may have learned ones I was interested in if I was going to use the site at all frequently, but there is a text label above every section.?? There is a comments label.?? If you use the screen-reader's search feature from the top of the page and search for comments, you will find it efficiently.??
??
If people are talking about the Youtube web page, you may find things differently, if they are consistently accessible on different pages.?? At this point, it isn't clear who is talking about what.
??
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2019 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reaching the comments' section on YouTube video

Gene NZ,
Using browse mode, pressing F/shift+F (or E/shift+E), all I can get is the search field for searching a video.
No comments section at all.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 30/04/2019 16:56, hurrikennyandopo ... disse:

Hi

Does the E key or F key not get you to that area. I tried it with the browse mode keys and it took me there.

I am wondering when you do get to that field and it says public comment or what ever it said are you changing into focus mode just in case it is not going into the mode correctly. I guess also it depends how you have it set as well.

Gene nz

On 1/05/2019 6:21 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

I answered a similar request some weeks ago when I recommended a site designed for blind users which gives an ad free interface to search for and play YouTube videos.?? The link is:

??

http://www.povidi.com/YourTube/

??

After opening the site, use the e key to jump to the search edit box, then ??hit the spacebar to move into focus mode (unless you have auto mode switching set in NVDA).?? Type in your search criteria, then pres tab to move to a combo box where you set the number of results per page.?? Set this to 10, 20 or 50, then press tab again.?? You landin another combo box where you can choose between videos, channels or playlists (I only ever use videos which is the default).?? Tab again to the search button and press spacebar to run the search.

??

The results appear in a numbered list which you can access using the h key.?? Press this repeatedly and when you find one you want to play, press tab to move focus to it and press enter.?? A dialog box opens for the chosen video.?? Again use the h key to jup to the different sections, which include player controls, pla details, video information and video comments. You can use the b key to jump to the various player control buttons.

??

After video has played, use alt+left arrow to return to the results list dialog at the point where you left it.

??

Cheers

Chris ??