Re: NVDA and Combo Boxes, Agreements?

Gene

That may be one idea behind it but I don't think it is an important one.  the screen is still organized very differently.  I think the main reason it was provided is that on pages such as web discussion forms, it is often much easier to use them when screen layout is used. 

I believe that in most cases, it is easier to have each link and control appear on its own line.

As to why you found Wikipedia more intuitive, and why you said that it took longer to read the page when screen layout is off, I'd have to know how you work with the page. 

The last point in my last message has nothing to do with the Internet.  I'm illustrating that having a screen-reader display or read text as a sighted person sees it isn't automatically desirable in and of itself.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2019 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Combo Boxes, Agreements?

Hi.

As it relates to your last point, I'm lost as to the purpose of what you are saying. Now, note that I said that NVDA Tries to lay out the information similarly to how sighted persons see it on a page. Screen reader users and sighted folk, obviously, use and see web pages differently, but the idea of screen layout is to provide blind persons with what can be classified as a visual layout.

For me, and this is when I just switched to NVDA, I found that this was better for my needs. On some web pages, it allowed me to quickly pass a number of links, for example, without using the N key. Form fields as well, as I knew the shortcut to move between them. Having each link on its own line, I found, made reading a page take longer, and when reading on Wikipedia, for example, was not very intuitive.

I wonder though, how many new screen readers would actually change to simple layout (turning screen layout off)?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.