Re: NVDA and Combo Boxes, Agreements?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Weeeell, its all down to how you use the system is it not? If you have never been sighted ten I find most have it on as its easier, but if like me you were sighted once having each on a new line can be confusing. It really depends on how well the page was designed though. Some leave no space between them and this can be fiddly to get to work out which combo box or whatever active control it is, is in play.
Another annoyance is that often sites mix normal combos with the ones that will jump out as soon as you start to change them. of course you can get around this with pressing extra keys as you cursor, but its bad design.
On the issue of licence accepting. this is an ongoing issue both online and in some installers. I find often one has to resort to screen navigation to find the individual buttons for accept and not accept.
Another bit of bad design.
My current annoyance is Capchars with pictures, but that is a whole other subject so I will not talk about it here. Its bad enough that forums seem to not use headers or other easy to navigate devices these days which makes them almost unusable if you want to use them quickly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2019 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Combo Boxes, Agreements?

Hi.

One would argue though, that separating links and other controls on their own line is a feature rather than how a screen reader (which should try and lay out elements on a page similarly to how a sighted person sees it) should operate. Persons that normally advocate for this change are previous users of other screen readers, but I doubt that is enough to justify the change.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.