Re: playing music on this new laptop

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Uninstalling the soundcard from device manager and performing a new hardware search out of the device manager would reinstall the soundcard, its drivers and reset all sound configurations to their defaults.

Of course that would need sighted help.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2019 13:59
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] playing music on this new laptop

Impossible unless there are balance controls for every audio source.  In Windows 7 there is one universal balance control.  The description of the problem states that NVDA comes from one channel.  It also states that music audio is coming from the other channel.  Has Windows 100 changed sound card settings so that, for example, NVDA has its own balance settings and Winamp, for example has its own balance settings?

Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2019 5:12 AM

Hi

It sounds like the stereo balance is turned all the way to one side or the other depending on the sound source.  Check the volume mixer to see if this is the case.  Press Windows+b to move focus to the system tray then use arrow keys to find the entry for speakers and press the  applications key.  You should see volume mixer in the context menu displayed.

Cheers

Chris