Re: changing what NVDA says when a punctuation mark is typed

Gene

You can move to what you want to change, as you can move3 in any list, by first character navigation.  The period is the first item in the list for end of sentence.  To move to the second period option, type the period.  To move to the apostrophe, type the apostrophe.  If you want to see if there is more than one entry for an item, type it again and see if you move to another one.

Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2019 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] changing what NVDA says when a punctuation mark is typed

So there's 2 places where I need to make changes for both the period and the apostrophe and everything is in that long list of I think over 2000 things then is that right? If that's the case, and if it's not sure to work I'll just leave it as it is and get used to it.

Troy

On 5/4/2019 5:15 PM, Andre Fisher wrote:
Hi.

In the symbols pronunciation dialog, there are two entries for both these symbols, as there are two cases where both are usually used. The long and short of it is, you'd need to change them both, but I'm not sure if this may have undesired results. Change them and let us know.