Re: changing what NVDA says when a punctuation mark is typed

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene. I actually have punctuation set on none so I didn't realize that the symbol was at the beginning of each line.

Troy

On 5/4/2019 5:55 PM, Gene wrote:
The following applies to all dialogs.  In unfamiliar dialogs, let the field you are in and whatever fields you move to read fully unless you know you won't ever work in that field or you are sure you won't need the information.  In the punctuation dialog, for example, When the punctuation dialog opens, you hear that you are in a list.  You can move through any standard list with first carachter navigation.  Don't just read a word or two when you move through fields in unfamiliar dialogs.  You don't know what information you might miss about the structure in that field or if there may be descriptive text you might miss if you move to the next one before the information is read.

Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2019 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] changing what NVDA says when a punctuation mark is typed

So there's 2 places where I need to make changes for both the period and the apostrophe and everything is in that long list of I think over 2000 things then is that right? If that's the case, and if it's not sure to work I'll just leave it as it is and get used to it.

Troy

On 5/4/2019 5:15 PM, Andre Fisher wrote:
Hi.

In the symbols pronunciation dialog, there are two entries for both these symbols, as there are two cases where both are usually used. The long and short of it is, you'd need to change them both, but I'm not sure if this may have undesired results. Change them and let us know.