From: "Troy Burnham" <troyburnham34@...>
To: "NVDA" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2019 11:09 PM
Subject: [nvda] changing what NVDA says when a punctuation mark is typed

Hi all,

I would like to hear NVDA say period instead of dot when I press a period and I'd like it to say apostrophe instead of tick when I press an apostrophe. I found where to change this in the menus and I saved it, but I still hear dot when I press period and tick when I press apostrophe even though when I checked back where I made the change it appears that the changes I made are still there.

In case I did something wrong, I highlighted the 2 things I wanted to change and tabbed once to the edit field and typed what I wanted to hear in place of what was there then I tabbed to okay. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Troy