Re: key assignments in NVDA

Quentin Christensen

There isn't a single keypress way, but you can use the "input gestures" to change the behaviour of the keystrokes.  What you would need to do is "remove" each one of the conflicting desktop keystrokes.  Ideally if you do it from desktop layout, you could remove then add the same keystroke back but set it for desktop layout only - then go back to laptop keyboard layout once you are done (if you simply remove them, if you ever go to desktop layout, you won't have any object navigation keys).

You can find "Input Gestures" on NVDA's preferences menu (NVDA+n, then P, then select "Input Gestures").

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 10:12 PM <mhysnm1964@...> wrote:

All,

Is it possible to remap keys in NVDA? As I am using a laptop with a numerical keypad. I am also using the NVDA laptop layout. I want the number pad to be used as normal cursor keys, page up and page down, ETC. But NVDA is overriding this behaviour and forces the use of Object Nav. Any ideas on how to get around this? As the laptop keyboard to jump to home, end, delete is at the top of the keyboard which is quite a pain. FN left/right arrow key does not change to home and end.

I wish NVDA had the option to switch between use of Object Nav (default behaviour) and a normal keypad.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess