Re: Switching from Win7 To Win10?

Kevin Huber

Hi:
What is the difference between standard support and extended support?
Kevin Huber

On 7/8/16, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
Microsoft's standard support for Windows 7 ended on 13th January 2015.

Extended support ends on 14th January 2020.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle?c2=14019 for details.

Antony.

On Friday 08 July 2016 at 15:23:44, David Russell wrote:

Hello Group members,

I have held off on switching from Win7 to Win10 until now, and note
that in North America, switching is free until July 29.

I believe for vision-impaired NVDA users, myself included, resources
like the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk will help one switch.

I use NVDA, FireFox, MS Word, Jarte, and Google as primary programs
and often listen to online radio through tunein.com.

Have bugs been sufficiently resolved to make switching a viable option?

Has anyone seen how long Microsoft intends to provide support for Win7
beyond July 2016?

I bought my computer last September, and hope to retain it for at
least 3 more years. Thanks for input.
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

Please reply to the
list;
please *don't* CC