Re: is this document out of date?

Troy Burnham

Hi Quentin,

Is there a more updated version you can send me? You mentioned recently updating it. I'm just now starting to use NVDA so anything I can get to help me will be greatly appreciated.

Troy

Hi Troy,

Much of it should still be the same, but there have been changes in the last couple of years.  From memory a one of the biggest was the change to the way the review cursor copying works (NVDA+f9 to start marking, then NVDA+f10 TWICE to select and then copy) - I also took the opportunity when I updated that, to expand the whole review cursor section as well.  In the most recent update, I also changed the references to the NVDA settings to refer to the single settings dialog with categories, rather than the many individual dialogs, which we had up until recently.

Can you still use it?  Absolutely.  You might find that a command has changed here and there, so if something doesn't work exactly as the book says it should then do feel free to check with me (it could be an error in the book, and it might be one I haven't found yet) and I can get you on the right path.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:36 AM Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a document titled basic training for NVDA.docx. I can't tell when
it was written but it's in a folder with stuff from 2017, if that's when
it was written is it still applicable for the current version of NVDA?

Thanks.

Troy

--
Quentin Christensen