Re: key assignments in NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

I personally would not use object nav with my num pad in laptop mode but I'm too used to the ones for laptop. They just seem more easier to access as my hand does not have to travel far.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 6 May 2019, at 19:54, Quentin Christensen wrote:

I have seen this issue come up before.  I'm going to catch up with Mick and will raise it this afternoon.  In the meantime, clearly there are users who have NVDA setup in Laptop keyboard layout and want to use the number pad for navigation.  Are there any users who have NVDA in Laptop keyboard layout and like being able to use object navigation from the number pad as well?

Just thinking that if there are people who use laptop layout and number pad object navigation, your third hybrid keyboard layout could be a solution - but if not, maybe setting the "desktop" object navigation keys to be desktop (only) keys would be a better solution.

Quentin.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 8:13 PM Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
Hi Quentin,

As this issue has been brought up on a few occasions before, I've been thinking of an easier solution that may help persons that have the same desire. What I was thinking was that there could be a new keyboard layout that could accomodate this behaviour, or that the laptop layout by default would behave like this. Then, there could be a different layout called hybrid or something like that, with laptop keystrokes and the NUMPAD using object navigation keys.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess