Re: How can I use the cursor in Eset Not32 Antivirus by Nvda

Raha Tehrani

Hi. there's a trusted zone in many anti virus programs. this zone
tells the program which apps can be fully trusted. at the first
glance, the anti virus may consider the screen-reader a disturbing
program which always checks up on the pressed keys as a keylogger to
find out what's going on. so, it will prevent the screen-reader from
freely having access to what it needs. that's why I suggest you should
include NVDA in the trusted zone list of your anti virus. the
instructions may differ from anti virus to another one. in the case of
eset smart security, you can search the instructions at google or
wherever you like.
all the best.
Take care.

On 5/7/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Hi Jarek,

Anti-virus programs seem to be among the worst offenders when it comes to
accessibility. There is a thread in the "Chat" group about it currently
(since it came up with a couple of other AV's as well just before you
joined the group).

Partly for that reason, I have only personally used Microsoft's built-in
Windows 10 defender lately. Hopefully someone else can offer some
suggestions on working with Eset. One suggestion I would make, is to write
to Eset and make sure they are also aware of the issues with their
software, as they are the best ones to fix the problems.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 7:49 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@email.cz> wrote:

Hello,

I decided to write to this conference, because I have a problem with
using the cursor in Eset by Nvda.

When I start Eset, I can't start the controll of the computer, because
the keyboard doesn't react, Nvda says: Unknown.

I must use the Ocr for do it.

I would like to solve this problem.

Sincerely:

Jarek