Re: Highlight Colors with NVDA in Word and Outlook

Quentin Christensen

Actually the "highlight" function in Word seems to work differently to setting the text or background colour.  Highlight doesn't change the values of those colours, but rather, it is a "toggle".  When highlight is on, the background changes to yellow or whatever you set the highlight colour too.  If you select the text and turn highlight off again, the text and background colours return to what they were originally.

It looks like either this highlight attribute isn't being reported to NVDA, or we're not looking for it.

There is an issue on our tracker which I've just added a similar comment to: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7396

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 6:47 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Ed, the technique discussed in the recent topic
Hemingway Editor - Command for Colors with NVDA
should work equally well for highlight colors, or at least I think it should.  Worth a shot at the very least.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager