Re: Problems With My Computer Keyboard

Jackie

You've got your numlock pressed, it sounds like. I have no idea where
it is on your keyboard, (that tends to be very nonstandard from 1
keyboard to another) so I'm not much help that way, but if you've got
a sighted person around, that key often lights up. Also, you might
want to go to the eas of access center & turn on toggle keys; that way
numlock should beep when pressed either off or on.

On 5/7/19, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
Hi good people:
I am having problems with my computer keyboard, and not with NVDA.
My keyboard is malfunctioning. Some keys are just not functioning
normally.
For instance the letters J K L now types 1 2 3 U I L now types 4 5 6,
letter M now types 0 letter P now types * the slash key now types +.
Added to this some keys are not just working at all: the letter z key
is no longer working. When I press the letter A with the capital
letter, it doesn't get capitalised.
This is a problem peculiar to the keyboard on my laptop computer. I
am using an external keyboard to write this mail.
Please has any one had this problem before? how did you get around it,
or how was it resolved.
Or does anyone understand what the problem is and how it can be fixed.
I use an acer laptop computer. It has nothing to do with the
operating system, because as I said earlier, I am using an external
keyboard without any issues.
Hope to read a solution.
Ibrahim.