Re: Problems With My Computer Keyboard

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello Quentin:
Thanks for your prompt response to my problem.
Well, the computer in question is not a new one: I've been using it
now for 3 years.
I started having the problems I spelt out in my mail a few weeks ago.
Regards.
Ibrahim.

On 5/8/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
It sounds like you are using a laptop which uses some of the letters as a
number pad. You will need to press your Fn key and another key (the
combination will depend on the exact model) - you might need to download
the manual for it.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:09 AM Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi good people:
I am having problems with my computer keyboard, and not with NVDA.
My keyboard is malfunctioning. Some keys are just not functioning
normally.
For instance the letters J K L now types 1 2 3 U I L now types 4 5 6,
letter M now types 0 letter P now types * the slash key now types +.
Added to this some keys are not just working at all: the letter z key
is no longer working. When I press the letter A with the capital
letter, it doesn't get capitalised.
This is a problem peculiar to the keyboard on my laptop computer. I
am using an external keyboard to write this mail.
Please has any one had this problem before? how did you get around it,
or how was it resolved.
Or does anyone understand what the problem is and how it can be fixed.
I use an acer laptop computer. It has nothing to do with the
operating system, because as I said earlier, I am using an external
keyboard without any issues.
Hope to read a solution.
Ibrahim.

--