Re: Problems With My Computer Keyboard

WOW! Quite a while ago when I talked about this "letters being numpad", apparently no one could understand me and I thought I was starting to lose my marbles. It's nice to find out it wasn't the case.
I wished I still had this option. But the key I used to press to activate it, which is the last but one on the above far right of my keyboard, does absolutely nothing now.
This was, by the way, the whole point of that question at that time.
Anyway I'll stop here. However if anyone is willing to help me out with it off-list I'll be glad
 :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Em 07/05/2019 21:17, Quentin Christensen disse:

It sounds like you are using a laptop which uses some of the letters as a number pad.  You will need to press your Fn key and another key (the combination will depend on the exact model) - you might need to download the manual for it.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:09 AM Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
Hi good people:
I am having problems with my computer keyboard, and not with NVDA.
My keyboard is malfunctioning.  Some keys are just not functioning normally.
For instance the letters J K L now types 1 2 3 U I L now types 4 5 6,
letter M now types 0  letter P now types * the slash key now types +.
Added to this some keys are not just working at all: the letter z key
is no longer working.  When I press the letter A with the capital
letter, it doesn't get capitalised.
This is a problem peculiar to the keyboard on my laptop computer.  I
am using an external keyboard to write this mail.
Please has any one had this problem before? how did you get around it,
or how was it resolved.
Or does anyone understand what the  problem is and how it can be fixed.
I use an acer laptop computer.  It has nothing to do with the
operating system, because as I said earlier, I am using an external
keyboard without any issues.
Hope to read a solution.
Ibrahim.

--