Re: Switching from Win7 To Win10?

Arlene

Yes, Just like xp! Win 7 is going to be out dated! Yes there were bugs with 7. It took getting used to. Vista was just like 8 but 7 came in. I never touched vista. But I heard it was like 7. I went to 7 straight from xp. Mind you when ten becomes stable just like 7 it will be tossed into the trash just like 7 and xp!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: July-08-16 4:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Switching from Win7 To Win10?

Well I do think then they have failed reguardless.
For those of us still on 7 there is a reason why.
Lets see.
1. the start menu.
For those on 7 its ok, in fact its better than ok.
In 10 we will have to either get used to the other one or fix it so it
works.
2. explorer.
In 7 its ok.now its ribboned and buttoned and makes no sence and I don't
know how to do a lot of things in it.
3. universal apps, who uses them more importantly why would you they
suck anyway.
4, mobile windows, same as 3.
5. edge, ie has issues, edge sucks to be honest we are happy with
firefox or chrome at least I am.
6. mail, it did suck but to be honest I have been using thunderbird for
so long I don't care.
7, the store, groove music, etc, don't need it what is wrong with what I
am using.
8. ms account, nice if you have chained devices but most of us don't we
don't even use onedrive.
8. stability, win7 is stable and doesn't care what hardware you have
for now at least.
9, windows10 sucks.
You know as users that said f**ck you win8x that ms would have listened
to us.
I feel as one of those users while they have listened partly its only in
part.
Win10 is still win8x with extra junk we don't need.
I'll use it eventually but hmmm.
With uia and its inconsistancies etc, I am left hanging wandering what I
am missing.
Win7 is the most stable windows.
And while I will use it win10 has been anything but stable.
I just want the hype to calm down so we can start on win11.
Now they are trying to help.
What about all the hastles with the gwx program, a little to late.
Office is much the same, office 2003 was fine, 2007 was ok, 2010 was
well fine but now its hmmm I don't know.
As a user that has stood back till I will eventually have to I do feel
ms has let us down by not fully listening to its userbase once again.
What I want is a simple win7 style explorer, menu, etc, with the local
account system we have always had using the old but stable programs we
always have done for our desktop computers.
With the ability to switch modes to others as we need or wish to start
and stop programs, etc.
Now I am not saying they didn't try, but its not enough as far as I care.
And they are including us more as users, they could still do a load better.
I will stay with win7 till it dies or till my computer dies or till I
get a system with 10 on it which is brand new.
Thing is there are probably enough units round I won't ever need to do that.
I am not a businessman.
I don't need complex stuff and a simple interface like win7 has been has
helped a lot.
Heck xp would be fine though I do like the 7 interface now.
I can get by on 10 I guess I want all my sounds back and the freedom to
do as I have always done.
If I could load my os kernal and run whatever desktop I wanted on it I
would, but still run my windows programs I would.
I have spent a bit to much to drop to linux though.

On 9/07/2016 2:55 a.m., Gene wrote:
Microsoft all but admitted that it failed the disabled community. It said that if you are disabled, you can switch after the deadline.
I don't know how they determine that you are disabled. You might want to ask. From: David Russell

If it were me, I wouldn't swittch.

\Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 8:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Switching from Win7 To Win10?

Hello Group members,

I have held off on switching from Win7 to Win10 until now, and note
that in North America, switching is free until July 29.

I believe for vision-impaired NVDA users, myself included, resources
like the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk will help one switch.

I use NVDA, FireFox, MS Word, Jarte, and Google as primary programs
and often listen to online radio through tunein.com.

Have bugs been sufficiently resolved to make switching a viable option?

Has anyone seen how long Microsoft intends to provide support for Win7
beyond July 2016?

I bought my computer last September, and hope to retain it for at
least 3 more years. Thanks for input.