Re: NVDA remote

Blaster

I copied these instructions a while back, they worked for me, but I
haven't tried it with the newer version of remote that was mentioned
above, However, I think it will still work as these instructions are
fairly straight forward. If anything has changed, I'm sure someone
will chime in here and make a correction.

The Following is the process for setting up a NVDA remote session.

1. Go to the NVDA menu and arrow down to tools.

Expand the tools submenu with the right arrow key,
then arrow down to remote.

Expand the remote submenu with the right arrow key.

The first option will be connect.
Press enter. You will land on 2 radio buttons that say client and server.

Choose client which is the first button.

Tab once and you will land on another radio button with 2 choices,
control another computer, and allow my computer to be controlled.

Your helper will choose the button, control another computer.

Tab once and enter the NVDA remote server. It is:

www.nvdaremote.com

Tab once more. You will be in a field that asks you for a key.

You can either choose your own or have the system generate one for you.

I usually just choose a simple 4 digit key. Next, tab to the ok button.

Now what you have to do is pretty much the same,

except when you get to the radio buttons that say, control another
computer, or allow my computer to be controlled, arrow down to the
second button.

Then tab and type in the remote server name:

www.nvdaremote.com

Tab once and enter the same key that your helper chose.

Tab to the ok button and press enter.

You should hear a tone and you should be connected.

Your helper can toggle between controlling their computer and yours
with the f11 key.

HTH,
Blaster

On 5/9/19, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:
strange, my remote works fine.
you can try to restart nvda or reboot your computer per haps it helps.
what is the error message you hear?
cheers
paul otter

Op 9-5-2019 om 14:37 schreef Ján Kulik:

I have the latest version 2.2 with compatible nvda 2019.1