Re: Weather_Plus 6.0 available

Gerardo Corripio

Here at my end, WeatherPlus 6.2still no go!How would I send you guys the log? I’m using Windows10 64 with latest NVDA if the problema might arise from this fact? I’duninstall and reinstall, but would Iloos my previously-set cities if I do this?

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Richard Wells
Enviado: miércoles, 8 de mayo de 2019 09:37 a. m.
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Weather_Plus 6.0 available

Adriano: I downloaded and copied in the file. The next time I started NVDA, it asked to update Weather Plus. Once that was done it allowed me to set a city. Thank you for all your hard work and please forgive me for sounding ungrateful to you. Providing trouble-shooting information feedback was no place to express my personal frustration with the add-on not working for me.

On 5/8/2019 1:31 AM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

Ah yes, the attachments do not pass, so download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m399mmfgsjfyfpl/__init__.py?dl=1

overwrite the homonym file in:

%appdata%\nvda\addons\Weather_Plus\globalPlugins\Weather_Plus\

Regards

Adriano

Il 08/05/2019 07:57, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io ha scritto:

Hi Remi,

Last Modified 07/05/2019 22:50

Here it is attached.

I have to leave this afternoon, I'll be back on Monday, I can count on you? I don't have a portable PC.

Regards

Adriano

Il 08/05/2019 00:39, Rémy Ruiz ha scritto:

Hi Adriano,

If this is the name of the file, I already have it, it is the first corrective, the second corrective carries the same date.

__init__.py; 186 294; 48 099; Python File; 07/05/2019 18:46; 3D558965

Thanks for confirmation.

Rémy

Note:

Other things:

HiDoug Lee and all,
Thanks very much for your excellent explanation.
I do not use linux, I use Windows, but because the repository where Weather_Plus is located does not use the Windows convention for CRLF?
The Notepadplusplus is used for the elaboration of the readme.md files and they are encoded in UTF-8, I think that this is also used for the elaboration of the source files, if I am not mistaken all the word processor use the CRLF convention if you have Windows?
I think Zvonimir  should use this convension and not the LF convension  used by Linux seems more logical to me.
What you think?
How to avoid this in the future I do not know?
Thank you for this passionate debate.
Cheers.
Rémy

Doug Lee <nvda@...>
date  mardi 07/05/2019 à 22:29
[nvda-addons] Important note for Weather_Plus6.0 translators

English first:

Linux and Windows create text files differently: In Linux, lines end with a line-feed character, or LF. In Windows, lines end with two characters: A carriage return, or CR, followed by a line feed, LF. We commonly abbreviate these as LF and CRLF, respectively.

Zvonimir was saying that the project uses the LF convention but your files use the CRLF convention. The result is that comparing original files with your files will make it seem like you changed every line in the files. This, of course, is an accident; but it makes detecting actual code changes more difficult.

My best, with Google's help, at Spanish for the above:

Anglais en premier:

Linux et Windows créent des fichiers texte différemment: Sous Linux, les lignes se terminent par un caractère de saut de ligne, ou LF. Sous Windows, les lignes se terminent par deux caractères: un retour à la ligne, ou CR, suivi d’un saut de ligne, LF. Nous les abrégons couramment en LF et CRLF, respectivement.

Zvonimir disait que le projet utilise la convention LF mais que vos fichiers utilisent la convention CRLF. Le résultat est que la comparaison des fichiers originaux avec vos fichiers donne l'impression que vous avez changé chaque ligne des fichiers. Ceci, bien sûr, est un accident; mais cela rend plus difficile la détection des modifications de code réelles.

Mon meilleur, avec l'aide de Google, en espagnol pour ce qui précède:

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 09:36:37PM +0200, R??my Ruiz wrote:
Hi,
A thousand apologies, I do not understand any of this I put the files as they are in the addon, which is this I'm not a programmer or anything like that, that's why I do not understand what you mean, tell Noelia to explain me in Spanish or Abdel in french, Thank you.

Cheers.
Rémy

Le 07/05/2019 à 21:24, zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz a écrit :
The only thing is, that the project was conferted to the clrf.
I.e line endings.
These were in lf.
Oops! Please be careful next time...

Hi
I am fork this one and i made mi changes now after read this message:

git add .

git commit -m "my message"

git push origin master

All is fine with last sources corrected by Adriano.
Thanks.
Cheers.
Rémy

Le 07/05/2019 à 23:55, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io a écrit :

Hi,

I have fixed 2 bugs recently.

download again, remove any Weather_Plus version and install again Weather_Plus 6.0.

http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus6.0.nvda-addon

Let them know

Regards

Adriano

Il 07/05/2019 22:46, Jarek.Krcmar ha scritto:

Greetings,

I have problem with the Weather plus.

I could start it, Windows has seen it not anyway.

So, I have uninstalled and installed Nvda and than Weather plus.

But I can't set my town.

Where is a problem, please?

Could you help me?

Sincerely:

Jarek

Dne 07-05-2019 v 12:30 Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io napsal(a):

Hi to every one,

Note for those who were using versions 5 of Weather_Plus (Apixu API)::

The list of cities you have is not compatible with this new version, don't worry, Weather_Plus will allow you to retrieve them via the settings window.

Changes in this version:

??? Weather Plus returns to using the Yahoo Weather API.
??? Virtually all the features of the previous version 4.8 are back and keeps the "Rename" button.

??? Now compatible also with Python 3.

??? NVDA compatibility: 2017.3 to 2019.1

Weather_Plus can update itself, however you can download it from the following page:

http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus6.0.nvda-addon

Thanks in advance Noelia, Remy, Abdel, and Svonimir for yoursgreat commitment to include Weather_Plus in the automatic translation system and restoring the download link on the international page.

Best regards

Adriano Barbieri