Re: Synthesizer support

Gene

Without installing anything, the sound card will play.

I don't know what your idea of an external sound card is.  They come in a lot of different shapes and sizes and they aren't shaped like cards you put in a computer.

Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Synthesizer support

Will the external sound card work even though there are no drivers installed?  I'll give it a try.  I already

 have a USB sound card--that isn't really a card, just a little square box.

On 5/8/2019 10:38 AM, Gene wrote:
I doubt you can but you can buy a very inexpensive external sound card, just plug it in, and attach your speakers.  If you don't have sound, try rebooting while the sound card is connected.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 8:52 AM
Subject: [nvda] Synthesizer support

Happy Wednesday all.

Is there any way to make a portable copy of NVDA drive an old external
hardware synthesizer?

I have a computer that I messed up; deleted the sound drivers.And, of
course, nothing can talk now.  But I do have several kinds of older
hardware serial and parallel synthesizers.  If I can get it talking,
maybe I could reinstall the drivers?

Thanks.

Howard