Re: Bad boots of NVDA

Roger Stewart

How and where would I find an old log file? I thought that file was dumped when nvda is shut down and a new one started the next time nvda is run.

On 5/9/2019 2:08 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Can you type nvda -r in the run dialogue and restart tyat way? Then pull up a old log file and set the text to the list?

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 9 May 2019, at 10:57, Jackie wrote:

Well, ahem. That didn't work for me either.

On 5/9/19, Brice Mijares bricemijares@... wrote:

I realized I forgot to mention the alt key. Also, it don't allays work.

On 5/9/2019 10:36 AM, Jackie wrote:

That certainly was ineffective when I attempted it. You really meant
NVDA key + n, Bryce?

On 5/9/19, Brice Mijares bricemijares@... wrote:

This also happens to me maybe once a week. Usually holding down the
NVDA key and tapping the letter N twice will reboot NVDA. H T H.

On 5/9/2019 10:04 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:

I've been noticing that somewhat often now, whenever I boot up my
computer, nvda comes on, but all its hotkeys are dead. I can't even use
nvda q to try to restart it. I have a P View utility that shows all
processes running and can offer to stop any of them. I can then stop
NVDA and then start it with its normal hotkey and then all is good.
This
is the only way I can get it going correctly aside from a total reboot.
This has happened 3 times over the past week.  Does anyone know what
causes this and is there any better way of getting out of this?

Thanks.

Roger