Re: Bad boots of NVDA

Roger Stewart

I have a couple configuration profiles but I did nothing to the standard nvda start shortcut nor have I reassigned any function in any add on to that shortcut.
Roger

On 5/9/2019 3:01 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
Hi Roger

I have not noticed this on boot as you describe, but I have experienced it while using web browsers and in other contexts (but mainly with Firefox).
When it happens, I can usually do a control-alt-n, the standard start NVDA shortcut key, which kills the running copy and starts a new one.  Note, that this is not an NVDA key, it is a Windows shortcut key.

It was unclear from your messages whether you actually tried this.

If you have, and it doesn't work: then as someone else suggested, you may have re-mapped that key to something.  The only way I can think of to determine whether that is the case, is to enter key describer mode (nvda-1), and then press control-alt-n.  If NVDA restarts, it probably hasn't been reassigned, at least not in the standard profile.

Do you have any configuration profiles setup?

Luke

On Thu, 9 May 2019, Roger Stewart wrote:

I've been noticing that somewhat often now, whenever I boot up my computer, nvda comes on, but all its hotkeys are dead. I can't even use nvda q to try to restart it. I have a P View utility that shows all processes running and can offer to stop any of them. I can then stop NVDA and then start it with its normal hotkey and then all is good. This is the only way I can get it going correctly aside from a total reboot. This has happened 3 times over the past week.  Does anyone know what causes this and is there any better way of getting out of this?