Re: Bad boots of NVDA

Roger Stewart

I just checked in app data and my nvda folder. I find nothing called log or log files of any kind there. They may be hidden or system files and don't show up. I even checked in all the subfolders of nvda and found nothing like logs there either.
Roger

On 5/9/2019 2:44 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
NVDA always save two logs. One is the log regarding your NVDA currently running and the other is the log for the last time NVDA was restarted.
This second file is called nvda-old.log. Both files are located at %appdata%.

Hth

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Em 09/05/2019 16:33, Roger Stewart disse:
How and where would I find an old log file? I thought that file was dumped when nvda is shut down and a new one started the next time nvda is run.

On 5/9/2019 2:08 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Can you type nvda -r in the run dialogue and restart tyat way? Then pull up a old log file and set the text to the list?

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 9 May 2019, at 10:57, Jackie wrote:

Well, ahem. That didn't work for me either.

On 5/9/19, Brice Mijares bricemijares@... wrote:

I realized I forgot to mention the alt key. Also, it don't allays work.

On 5/9/2019 10:36 AM, Jackie wrote:

That certainly was ineffective when I attempted it. You really meant
NVDA key + n, Bryce?

On 5/9/19, Brice Mijares bricemijares@... wrote:

This also happens to me maybe once a week. Usually holding down the
NVDA key and tapping the letter N twice will reboot NVDA. H T H.

On 5/9/2019 10:04 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:

I've been noticing that somewhat often now, whenever I boot up my
computer, nvda comes on, but all its hotkeys are dead. I can't even use
nvda q to try to restart it. I have a P View utility that shows all
processes running and can offer to stop any of them. I can then stop
NVDA and then start it with its normal hotkey and then all is good.
This
is the only way I can get it going correctly aside from a total reboot.
This has happened 3 times over the past week.  Does anyone know what
causes this and is there any better way of getting out of this?

Thanks.

Roger