From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: 10 May 2019 11:53
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA remote

It strikes me that it would be better for NVDA Remote to send not the
keystrokes themselves, which then need to be interpreted by the remote
machine, and rely on it having the same NVDA keyboard layout setting, but
instead to send the NVDA commands which result from those keystrokes, so that
the person on the controlling computer types some key combination on their
keyboard, and the command which this combination means to then gets sent to
the controlled computer, without caring what keyboard language or layout it
has.

Antony.

On Friday 10 May 2019 at 11:01:42, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

I don’t know what what the @Luke etc references are because I’m a dinosaur
and have no interest in Twitter or Facebook but I’m confused by the
references to keypads. To use NVDA remote, both parties should have NVDA
configured to use the same keyboard layout and language, irrespective of
the physical computers. Think about it, the controlling is sending
keystrokes to the controlled computer, so it has to cbe configured to
understand those keystrokes.

To check what NVDA version is being used, press NVDA+f1 to open the log
file, move to the top of the log file and use the down arrow to scroll a
few lines down and there is a message stating the version of NVDA being
used.

Cheers

Chris
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ján
Kulik Sent: 10 May 2019 09:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

hi,

@Luke: He has the latest version of this add-on installed, so I didn't
require it from him. He does not know much about these things, so I say
that his teacher has set it up for him.

@Kevin: So in the hint it is possible that we both have a keypad, that is,
a deskstop or a laptop.
--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

- Douglas Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.