Re: NVDA remote

Antony Stone

This is exactly what I am saying could be done better, if the local copy of
NVDA *did* interpret the keystrokes (because it knows the remote copy is going
to do that anyway, so one or other of them has to do it) and then send the
commands which those keystrokes mean to the remote copy of NVDA.

This would avoid the confusion around "do both versions have the same keyboard
layout?" etc., and simply means that the local copy sends special command
codes to the remote copy, which then executes them as though they had come
from interpreting the keystrokes instead.

Pressing F11 on your own machine then switches NVDA from "interpreting your
keystrokes and acting on them" to "interpreting your keystrokes and sending a
command code to the other end".

NVDA Remote in slave mode receives NVDA command codes and acts on them, as
well as keystrokes (for applications etc.) and just passes them through to the
current active application.

Antony.

On Friday 10 May 2019 at 14:58:01, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi
NVDA isn't interpreting the keystrokes, It's just behaving as normal in
that it takes input from the keyboard and either sees it as an NVDA
command, app input or operating system related. NVDA is just acting as a
conduit, passing the keystrokes as if they had been typed locally, then
passing back text strings output for voicing on the controllers machine.

Cheers
Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ján
Kulik Sent: 10 May 2019 09:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

hi,

@Luke: He has the latest version of this add-on installed, so I didn't
require it from him. He does not know much about these things, so I say
that his teacher has set it up for him.

@Kevin: So in the hint it is possible that we both have a keypad, that
is, a deskstop or a laptop.
--
Please apologise my errors, since I have a very small device.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.