Re: a couple of changes I want to make in NVDA

Giles Turnbull

Hi Troy,

you can get NVDA not to say "Desktop List" if you add it as a dictionary entry. I just tried it and NVDA only says "Desktop" when I use NVDA+m to minimise to the desktop.

At first nothing happened so I used the speech viewer (in Tools) to find out exactly waht was said, and there are two spaces between Desktop and List.

So, if you go into the default dictionary and add "Desktop  List" without the quote marks in the Pattern field, and enter just Desktop in the Replacement field, you'll only hear "Desktop" when you go to the desktop.

Hope that helpes you :)

Giles