Re: NVDA Not Reading Contacts in Outlook Distribution List

Quentin Christensen

Hi Abbie,

It is an issue we (and Microsoft) are aware of.  FWIW, it also affects Narrator.

My workarounds:

Several very imperfect workarounds in the interim:

  • Use next / previous object commands to have NVDA read the list. The command will report "selected" for the currently selected contact. As the focus is not correctly following to begin with, using object navigation here always behaves as if "focus moves navigator object" is off.

  • After using the arrow to move through the list, press ALT twice to move to the ribbon and back. The problem is the focus does NOT return to the list, it goes back to the list name, so you need to press TAB to then move back to the list, but then the last item with focus is reported.

I haven't heard an ETA on a fix from Microsoft yet.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 6:24 AM Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:

When opening a distribution list in the latest version of Outlook that comes with Office 365, NVDA won’t read the list of recipients, not even with object navigation. System Access does read the list when I arrow through it, so if this is a bug on the part of NVDA, I would like to see it addressed in a future update. ,If not, perhaps someone who’s had success reading this list with NVDA can explain how it’s done. Thank you.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author