From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 22 May 2019 01:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Cc: NVDA Official Group
Subject: Re: [nvda] Selecting a block of text.

Hi Ali,

Firstly, just to confirm that you are familiar with the current behaviour of selecting with the review cursor - NVDA+F9 to mark the start of the block, move to the end of the block and NVDA+F10 once to select the block or NVDA+F10 twice quickly to select and copy it.  If you use the review cursor to select and then press control+c to copy for instance, it may not work depending on whether it is possible to select text with the conventional text cursor.  If you press NVDA+f10 once and NVDA reports "Cannot select text, press twice to copy", then you will need to copy by pressing NVDA+F10 twice quickly.

It might be worth restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, just to ensure there are no add-ons playing up.  Press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER to restart, then try again.

Otherwise, if you set the log to debug (in the general settings with NVDA+control+g then tab to the log level, down arrow to select debug and enter to close), repeat the actions and then copy the log to an email to me, I can have a look at exactly what is going on.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 9:45 AM Ali Colak <alish54@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
For a while now, I have been having problems with the select a block
of text function on nvda.
When I place the start marker by pressing nvda f9 everything is fine,
the start marker is announced. When I go to the end of the block to
press nvda f10, the curser winds back to the beginning and only
selects and places in the clipboard the first letter of the section. I
have tried this on various browsers and the same result each time and
with different types of content. I have been having this problem for a
while now and am currently using 2019.1.1. I was hoping that
installing the clip contents designer would solve the problem, but
something similar seems to happen.

help would be appreciated.

--

Quentin Christensen