Re: NVDA tutorials for MSWord and Track Changes CT

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

If you have a cheat sheet from WebAim on Track Changes, that likely does cover the keystrokes needed.  I'm not familiar with the particular sheet although Web Aim do have a good name, so I'm sure it's likely a good reference.

One consideration with it might be how much explanation it gives for each keystroke or whether it simply lists the keys to press.  One thing with the NV Access material (and full disclosure if it's not already obvious, I wrote the NV Access material), it explains each topic and what the keystrokes do before walking you through a step-by-step activity using them - and in the case of the Office modules, it then also has an extra "bonus activity" with less instruction, you can complete both for extra revision, and also to ensure you do understand the topic before moving on.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 7:13 PM David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:
Hello NVDA Folks,

Thanks for suggesting what to do in the realm of tutorials to better
use NVDA with MSWord and Track Changes. I'll address this later in my
day.
Also, thanks Quenton for clarifying which tutorial set to consider.

Question: I have a file card with some basic Track Changes Commands
found in a post thread from WEBAIM, telling one how to turn on and off
track changes,how to read specific track changes, the dialogue for
settings and a couple more. These are Word based keyboard commands
generally speaking. Would it be enough to view a free sample edit from
a proofreading service, or is there a considerable amount of
instruction that goes into learning how to use Track Changes?

I am a novice at tech things, and my questions probably make that
quite obvious.  Nonetheless, thanks for your kind help!

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

--