Re: NVDA tutorials for MSWord and Track Changes CT

Ed Marquette

Track changes are not hard to use. Just practice. Here are some helpful (at least for me) ways to remember the track changes commands.
Turing on and off track changes is something you know how to do.
Word’s status line will tell you if it is on or not. At least mine does.
If you just want to “hop” to the next revision, use Alt_R_H, pressed, not together, but in a series.
If you want to “accept” a change, press alt_R_A. That brings up a list of choices, including the specific occurrence, all changes in the document, and so on. If you want to “junk” the change, press Alt_R_J. Again, you will get a list of choices.
Also, at any change, a right mouse click (or shift + F10 or the Applications Key)” will give you a handy list of commands.
I’m a lawyer, and I use track changes nearly every day.
Good luck!

On May 22, 2019, at 4:13 AM, David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:

Hello NVDA Folks,

Thanks for suggesting what to do in the realm of tutorials to better
use NVDA with MSWord and Track Changes. I'll address this later in my
day.
Also, thanks Quenton for clarifying which tutorial set to consider.

Question: I have a file card with some basic Track Changes Commands
found in a post thread from WEBAIM, telling one how to turn on and off
track changes,how to read specific track changes, the dialogue for
settings and a couple more. These are Word based keyboard commands
generally speaking. Would it be enough to view a free sample edit from
a proofreading service, or is there a considerable amount of
instruction that goes into learning how to use Track Changes?

I am a novice at tech things, and my questions probably make that
quite obvious. Nonetheless, thanks for your kind help!

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...