From: Gene
Sent: May 23, 2019 11:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA versus JAWS

The advantages of having more than one screen-reader is why I oppose
Narrator becoming so good that it might threaten other screen-readers.  I
doubt Narrator is intended to be so good that it might threaten them but I
don't know what the long range plans are.  but you know the saying, be
careful what you wish for.  How long was Microsoft criticized for being a
monopoly and yet, there appear to be a lot of blind people who want Narrator
to be a good enough screen-reader that other designers would leave the
field.  That isn't in blind computer users' interests.

As far as the touch cursor is concerned, I was stating what I've seen on
list from one or two good sources.  But I'm not saying that you are wrong,
Nimber, I'm just explaining that I have never compared the two and I don't
use Windows 10 so I'll withdraw my statement and let others address the
question.