Navigating and Using the Google Hangouts App (not webpage) with NVDA

Is anyone actually doing this?   I have been playing with the app, and while I can eventually "get myself everywhere" what I can't seem to do reliably is get myself back.

For example, if I get to a given person's conversation, and somehow navigate (I'm still not exactly clear how I did this) over to the list of messages, I cannot seem to find any way to ever get back to the conversations list to move through others in that list.

I've been playing with combinations of conventional navigation and object navigation and still cannot reliably move my way through the conversations list and transition between the conversations list and an actual single conversation for any one of those conversations.

I don't ever recall this being discussed before at any length or a tutorial dedicated to same being mentioned.  [I could be wrong about that, but I don't remember it if either of those things occurred in the past.]

        ~ H.L. Mencken