You will type sndvol32

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 26 May 2019, at 20:46, zahra wrote:

hi.
SNDVOL does not work for me.
what should i tipe on windows xp?

On 5/27/19, zahra via Groups.Io <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:

On 5/27/19, Gene gsasner@... wrote:

I made an error in the last message. I said to use the command alt t to
see
if you have speech. The correct command is control t, as I correctly
stated
when I gave it a second time. So again, control t is the command for
read
title bar.

From: Gene via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] idea for add on

Not quite. What if the sound is muted, as or more likely than that the
volume has been changed.

Press and hold the Windows key. You must hold it. If you don't, you
will
open the start menu.
Type the letter r while holding the Windows key.
Now type sndvol and press enter.
Press home. That raises the volume to its highest level.
then use the command alt t to see if you have speech.
If not tab once.
You are on a check box which toggles mute off and on.
Press the space bar. Try control t again.
If there is no speech, press the space bar again to return the setting to
what it was originally.
If there is no sound after all this, you may need sighted help.

But this is a perfect illustration of why anyone who relies on sound for
speech and doesn't have a Braille display should have a USB sound card or
USb headphones for such situations. You can have speech if you simply
connect such a USB device.
After connecting it, you may have to unload and run NVDA again to have
speech switch to the USB device.

You can then go in to sound settings and check the settings for the
internal
card to see what the problem is, assuming, of course, that the problem is
related to sound card settings and isn't an NVDA or other probem.

If it is an NVDA or other proboem, you won't have speech whatever sound
card
you use.