From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2019 10:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting your Windows Version

As another aside to the NVDA developers, I assume that NVDA is able to
discover the Windows version for itself, so it might be useful to include
that information as well in the NVDA - Help - About details?

Antony.

On Monday 27 May 2019 at 19:15:09, Brian Vogel wrote:

I'll start by saying I know that the part about getting the Windows
version is off topic, but we are now in a period where the changes in
the latest Feature Update (Version 1903) and its interactions with
NVDA versions are significant.

As a result, it will often be critical when asking questions for the
Windows 10 Version, and sometimes build, numbers to be supplied when
they are asked. To get your Windows 10 Version you can do one of two
things:

1. Hit the Windows Key and immediately type winver , then hit enter.
You will be presented with the About Windows dialog which contains the
line with your version and build.

2. Hit WinKey+R, type in winver in the Open box, then hit enter.
You'll get the dialog noted above. This method should also work in
earlier versions of Windows as well.

If you need your NVDA version, NVDA+N,H,A will bring up the About dialog.

As an aside to the NVDA developers who may be reading, it might be
helpful to make NVDA read its own version number in the more conventional
"dot"
format, e.g., 2019 dot 1 dot 1. Right now it reads this as though it
were a date. It was really odd to have this come out as Version
January first 2019.
--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

- Bill Gates

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC
me.