Re: Converting PDF to Word

Quentin Christensen

The other point on this is that the reason many people want to convert from PDF to word, is to try and read a PDF document.

IF the PDF file has been created well to begin with, you should be able to read it just find in Adobe reader, Foxit PDF reader, and probably others.  If you can't read it in those (using a current version of both the reader and NVDA), then it's likely the PDF file was created as an image of text - a lot of office photocopier / scanners still do this.  In that case, what you really need to do is run the file through some kind of OCR (Optical Character Recognition).  NVDA has access to a basic OCR function in Windows 10 or with the OCR add-on in earlier versions.  Professional OCR programs like Abbyy FineReader or OmniPage may do a better job.

For converting from Word to PDF, the export function in Word itself makes quite readable PDF files.  For those who have the NVDA Certification, that's how I make the PDF certificates.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 11:24 PM, sazid shaik wrote:
can we convert pdf to word using nvda? if so how?
No, or at least not per se.

There are various converters out there, including modern versions of MS-Word itself, which can read PDFs and then save them as Word files (or vice versa).

A web search on "PDF to DOCX" turns up myriad options.

But none of these directly involve NVDA and I have no idea which may or may not be accessible.  Like so many things, it's up to you to determine that by trial and error.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager