Extracting Text From Image in Word

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am currently reading a Bookshare file in the Word format, and am
encountering graphics without alttext. These graphics contain just a
lot of text and likely no visual content themselves - graphics are of
the text of literary passages - and I am urgently looking for
solutions to be able to use OCR on them or extract their textual
content via similar means.

I have tried using the NVDA OCR add-on but I just cannot get object
navigation in NVDA to narrow down and review the graphic object in
Word, I do not have Kurzweil or Fine Reader (and likely will not be
getting them since the exam for which I am requiring to practise is on
Saturday itself), but would probably be happy to use an online
solution or a lightweight freeware.

I would greatly appreciate any urgently sought assistance or suggestions.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah