Re: Converting PDF to Word

Quentin,

            I'm well aware of the issue with image PDFs.  There are so many in existence that they'll be landing in peoples' laps for decades to come.

            I have mentioned Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Viewer as an excellent OCR tool.  It's not fully accessible overall, but the OCR function is, and it supports English, Spanish, French, & German "as shipped" and you can get, also at no cost, various Language Extension Packages that cover many, many more.

            Here's the post in the archives where I give the step-by-step instructions for doing OCR with PDF-XChange Viewer.   OCR/PDF software is something, much like screen readers, where having minimal proficiency with more than one can pull one's proverbial bacon out of the fire.

        ~ H.L. Mencken