Re: Getting your Windows Version

Giles Turnbull

related to this, any time info such as version numbers is required, I start up NVDA's speach viewer (in the tools menu) so whatever is spoken aloud can be copied and pasted from the speech viewer window.

That means you don't have to try and remember a string of numbers, or navigate the dialog box with object navigation to listen to it again, and it will print NVDA's version number in the correct format rather than the date format, even if that's what your NVDA voice synth is speaking (mine says "January 1st 2019" but the speech window records it as "Version: 2019 .1 . ... I've put additional spaces before the decimal points to stop it being spoken in date format).

And the same works with the winver dialog :)

Giles
")