Re: Removing items from a table with NVDA

Gene

I should add that I'm not saying there aren't accessibility problems when selecting at the start of a forwarded message where these lines are, but that doesn't mean that the table structure is what is causing the problems.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Removing items from a table with NVDA

An easier and perhaps better way may be to use edit as new message, control e.  Then replace the address in the to line, add forwarded message or however Thunderbird indicates it is forwarded in the subject line, write whatever you want at the top of the message body, and send it.

On a related subject, it doesn't matter if NVDA says something is a table if it acts like an edit field.  A table can be made to appear as though it is just standard text.  Those who know more about this can explain why a table is used in that way.  My point is that Thunderbird may cause text to appear in a structure a screen-reader says is a table. Technically, it may be a table but it functions as an edit field.  Don't assume something works as you believe it should without testing it in situations like this.  Millions of people write in this structure and edit.  So the structure, whatever it is technically, doesn't mean it doesn't function as expected, In this context, an edit field.