Re: OpenOffice or LibreOffice

Quentin Christensen

I looked into this last year. How to Geek has a good comparison
article: http://www.howtogeek.com/187663/openoffice-vs.-libreoffice-whats-the-difference-and-which-should-you-use/

Basically LibreOffice has been more frequently updated and has a
slightly more "classic" (Say Microsoft Office pre the ribbon) look and
Open Office has a few more side bar options.

In terms of accessibility I'm not sure which is ahead though being
updated more often, if you encounter a problem, it might be easier to
get it addressed in LIbreOffice.

Note that there is also Open365, an online office suite based on
LibreOffice: https://open365.io/

Essentially it looks similar to LibreOffice but runs in a browser. As
you can probably guess..... steer clear of that one ;) I tried it a
month or so ago and while I could get around the system tray
component, the actual say word processor was unusable. Even aside
from accessibility issues (which were enough to nix it on their own -
it was sooo slow! I couldn't put up with it on that basis alone
either. I'm on ADSL 2 and while I wouldn't boast it to be the best
connection in the world, it's not THAT bad that it should have made
that much difference.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

On 11 July 2016 at 04:55, mk360 <mk.seventhson@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I know that it was asked before, but versions are updated regularly and
well, now I'm searching for the option... apparently LO is the best, but I
don't know...

So, any info will be apreciated... note that I can install LO and OO
simultanously, so if you can say what is the best for what option...

Thanks,

mk.