Re: Nvda and Language Esperanto

Rosemarie Chavarria

I doubt if anybody speaks it anymore. Personally I don’t know anyone who speaks it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda and Language Esperanto

Hi Group,

I am wondering if anyone speaks Esperanto any more.  I know it was a big thing that people in the 1960's tried to create a universal language and they wound up with Esperanto.  I can't think of anyone I ever knew that used it.

On 6/2/2019 10:38 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi Gene,

It seems to be rather in order.

I write in dic a punctuacion and then the eqivalent in Esperanto.

But there is a problem: How to write the Carriage return? I think, that I must write the words, because for them does not exist a punctuation?

Jarek

Dne 02.06.2019 v 14:13 Gene napsal(a):

I don't know how such things are said in Esperonto.  In the speech dictionary, used to change the pronunciation of whatever you want to change, you can put the punctuation mark in and tell the dictionary how you want it said.  But the problem is that you will then hear punctuation spoken that way in English as well.

You can get around the problem by having two speech dictionary files and manually putting the one you want to use in NVDA before you switch to the language.  That isn't automatic, but it would achieve what you want.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):

If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek

--